June 20, 2000
The application of 12 listeners, representing all five Pacifica radio stations, for standing to sue the Pacifica Foundation has been fully briefed and awaiting a response from the California Attorney General since January 31, 2000. The suit seeks to remove Pacifica directors for breach of charitable trust and gross abuse of authority and discretion.
WE NEED YOUR HELP NOW TO URGE BILL LOCKYER TO ACT AGAINST PACIFICA'S NATIONAL BOARD...BEFORE THEY COMPLETELY DESTROY THIS ORGANIZATION!
The California Legislative Audit Committee has issued a report of its findings after hearings on the Pacifica matter, and has issued its written conclusions. Click Here to read Full report
"Based on the testimony and documents provided by participants in the JLAC
hearing of August 20, 1999, the JLAC has reached the
- Several of Pacifica's actions appear to contradict the stated mission of the Pacifica Foundation.
- Pacifica's actions appear to have violated the operative collective bargaining agreement with KPFA employees.
- Pacifica may have violated the California Corporations Code when it removed the voting rights of Local Advisory Board members when voting for Board directors - without the approval of those members.
- Pacifica breached an implied contract with its local programmers, subscribers and volunteers.
- Pacific may have violated and hindered, rather than furthered, the stated goals and missions of the Foundation
- Pacifica engaged in poor management practices that may have damaged the credibility of the corporation.
- Pacifica may not have sufficiently informed its board of issues critical to Board decisions, thus compromising the Boards ability to exercise its fiduciary responsibilities.
- Pacifica executives used local KPFA operating revenues for purposes inconsistent with established practices and inconsistent with reasonable donor expectations.
- Pacifica's management practices in relation to the KPFA crises were inconsistent with its mission.
- Pacifica's failure to communicate with its stakeholders and employees was inconsistent with its founding principles."
PLEASE ADD YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS to this request that the Attorney General
take immediate action on this important matter
of public concern. Copy the text into a new email, put your complete name
in the list below, and send to everyone you know. (Don't
just forward it, because then it will end up with rows of >>>'s ) If you
are the 100th person to sign please send a copy to
Committee to Remove the Pacifica Board
If you would like to be added to our email update bulletin list, please put your email address after your name -- or email "subscribe" to email@example.com
01 - Carol Spooner, Santa Rosa, CA firstname.lastname@example.org
02 - Gregory Wonderwheel, Santa Rosa, CA email@example.com
03 - Bob English, San Francisco, CA
Back to the opening window